You can pay your MCSE bill by mail, at many financial institutions, or in person at our offices located at 761 Industrial Road in Youngstown from 8:30am-3:00pm. Payments for sewer and water are encouraged to be made online by following the directions on your bill. Please be advised mailing of payments via check have been delayed due to continued logistical issues with the mail delivery. It is not recommended to utilize third parties for online payments that are not affiliated with your provider as listed on your bill.


On October 1, the United States Postal Service implemented new service standards that increase time-in-transit by 1 or 2 days for certain first-class mail, meaning it may take up to 5 days to deliver some first-class mail.

This change to their delivery window, along with the upcoming holiday rush, may affect how soon you get your mail, including your Aqua water and/or wastewater bills. It may also cause a delay in receiving your mailed payment.

To avoid these delays, consider enrolling in the many ways you can receive and pay your bill.

Ways to Receive & Pay Your Bill

  • WaterSmart e-Billing: Visit our website to sign up for paperless billing, make payments, view your account, and check your daily balance.
  • Aqua AutoPay: Use our Aqua AutoPay Management site to set up auto-draft payments and never worry about missing a payment again.
  • Speedpay Online: If you are not ready to enroll in AquaPay, you can visit Speedpay online to pay your Aqua water and/or wastewater bill for a small fee through your credit card or bank account.
  • Speedpay by Phone: You can pay your Aqua water and/or wastewater bill for a small fee using a credit card or bank account by calling Speedpay toll free at 866.269.2906.
  • Speedpay by Text: Opt in via the Speedpay website to receive bill reminder text messages and the option to pay your bill using your mobile device for a small fee.
  • Pay Your Bill in Person: You can pay your water and/or wastewater bill in person at a Western Union location for a small fee. The Western Union Agent Locator found here can assist in finding the most convenient location for you.
  1. How Your Bill is Calculated
  2. Delinquent Bills
There are 2 different formulas used to calculate your wastewater treatment bill. Which one is used depends on whether you get your metered water from a public or private water system, or from a well.

All MCSE customers pay a fixed monthly rate as part of their bill. This fixed rate - which is designed to fund capital improvements and other needed expenditures for the MCSE system - is the same regardless of the amount of water used or the size of your household.

Senior citizens and permanently disabled persons can receive a discount on the fixed monthly rate portion of their bill. View and download the 
Senior Citizen \ Disability Discount Application Form (PDF).

Public/Private Water Systems

MCSE customers on public or private water systems pay a user charge, which is based on the amount of water you use at your home or business in a billing period. Each year, MCSE's rate structure sets a rate per 1,000 gallons of water used.
In 2021, the rate per 1,000 gallons of water used is $11.25. Plus a $11.25 Monthly Service Fee

Example: Water used 4,500 gallons x $11.25 = $50.63 + $11.25 (fixed monthly rate) total = $61.88

Well Water

If your home is served by well water, your bill is derived from a formula that considers the number of persons in your household multiplied by the average number of gallons of water a person uses in a day. This figure is then multiplied by the current user charge. 

Example: 2 Persons x $25.66 = $51.32 + $11.25 (fixed monthly rate) total = $62.57

If you are on a well and the number of persons in your home has changed recently or is not accurate, please contact the Mahoning County Sanitary Engineering Department.

Jackson-Milton Service area, Water Customer Service Charges for 2019

First 30,000 gals / month  - $5.25 /1000 gallons
Over 30,0001 gals / month - $3.75 / 1000 gallons
+ Monthly fixed rate charge - $4.50
Bulk Water $6.00 per 10000 gallons plus a permit fee

Both the user charge and the fixed monthly rate may change from year to year. For information on current rates or questions about your bill, call the MCSE office at 330-793-5514 extension 8226, weekdays from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.

You can pay your MCSE bill by mail, at many financial institutions, or in person at our offices located at 761 Industrial Road in Youngstown.

Helpful Tip

If you frequently water your lawn or garden, wash your car, or often use water outside the home for other purposes, you may want to consider buying a second water meter. A second meter allows you to meter water you use outside of your home separately. In this way, you will save money by only paying for water not returning to the wastewater plant. Contact our office for more details.