What if I’m receiving OWF benefits?
Both child support and Ohio Works First are financial benefits for minor children. Parents pay child support, Ohio Works First comes from the taxpayers. If the other is able-bodied, but absent, your Ohio Works First benefits are considered a loan because child support is not forth coming. When you apply for Ohio Works First, you give up your right to past due child support and all current support you may receive, up to the total amount of the Ohio Works First benefits. In other words, the able-bodied non-custodial parent should be paying child support becomes indebted to the state.

Show All Answers

1. Who determines the amount of support ordered to pay?
2. How is the amount of child support calculated?
3. What will happen if I just don’t pay?
4. What if I can’t locate the other parent?
5. How do you enforce a support order across state lines?
6. What if I’m receiving OWF benefits?
7. What is the administrative fee and who pays it?
8. How often will I receive my support?